We were recently invited to participate in Wilson’s Media BURN Challenge Event in Palm Desert, California. The Challenge was held over two days and was set up to run in conjunction with the Indian Wells tennis tournament. The Challenge was held at the J.W. Marriott–the site of Wilson’s annual marketing photo shoot. Kei Nishikori and Simona Halep greeted participants each day and were also made available to talk about the BURN rackets, and to share their goals for the 2015 season.
Wilson provided participants with the opportunity to learn about its PlayerID system, and Sony’s Smart Sensor from Wilson executives. Participants were also given the opportunity to participate in the BURN Challenge which involved completing the following tests against a clock:
– Eight groundstrokes from baseline, alternating forehands and backhands
– Touch three cones located in the left alley
– Run through agility ladder
– Touch three cones in right alley
– Complete five (5) air squats
– Complete three (3) push ups
– Hit one (1) serve from Deuce court and one (1) serve from Ad court
The Challenge was very enjoyable and as its name implies, it was a challenge to achieve a top score. Kei Nishakori was put through the Challenge himself the day we were there. Participant’s scores are recorded through the Sony Smart Sensor and will be uploaded to Wilson’s website. This Wilson Burn Challenge will be run at all the Grand Slams and some ATP Masters 1000 events.
Keep an eye out for it. It’s definitely worth your while to participate!