February 2, 2013
Recreational tennis players can now learn directly from Rafael Nadal about the secrets to the Spaniard’s playing techniques.
The new Rafael Nadal Tennis Academy App, powered by Vstrator and available at the iTunes App Store, is for all recreational players and allows them to learn directly from the 11-time Grand Slam champion. The app offers exclusive, tutorials of Rafa’s strokes, along with Vstrator’s easy-to-use video coaching tools so players can capture their strokes, analyse their games, and compare their technique side-by-side with Rafa’s.
Fans, players, and coaches simply open the App, record or import video from their smartphone’s camera, then “Vstrate” it using the drawing tools, which allows them to highlight the video so they can zero in on any part of their game. They can then frame the video forward and back, and compare their technique to Rafa as well as other players. Then the Vstrator video can be shared via Facebook, Twitter, Email, or SMS Text with friends, family, coaches and other players.
“Now, you don’t have to be a pro to get pro-quality coaching and take your game to the next level,” said Vstrator’s CEO & Founder, Rob Autry. “Rafa is one of the greatest players of all times, and with the Rafael Nadal Tennis Academy App and Vstrator, players at every level now have access to the same elite sports training technology used by world-class coaches and athletes.”
“Vstrator has developed a great app that allows everyone to get the best training experience from anywhere in the world,” said Nadal. “What I also like of this app is that you can be on the courts down the street, at your school or tennis facility, with your friends, coach and teammates and get the info and coaching necessary from my point of view. It’s easy and I am sure that it will help improve your game.”
The Rafael Nadal Tennis Academy App features nine tutorials of the tennis champion’s serve and returns with a host of future tutorials of all Rafa’s strokes, along with exclusive insights from Rafa himself on what makes him one of the world’s best tennis players. Members also can upload their own videos as well as their own Vstrated coaching sessions to the Rafael Nadal Tennis Academy on Vstrator.com.
November 23, 2012
Continuing with the fourth generation of the popular Babolat racket for 11-time grand slam winner Rafael Nadal, the 2013 AeroPro Drive GT is set to hit stores on December 12, 2012 and become an instant classic. Boasting a Head Size of 100 sq. in MP; a 27 inch length; an unstrung weight of 10.6 oz and 11. 2 oz strung; a balance of 7 pts head light; graphite and tungsten composition, a flex of 72, a string pattern of 16 mains and 19 crosses, and finally a comfortable Syntec Pro grip, the AeroPro Drive 2013 is set to become Nadal’s new stick as of January 2013.
The powerful yet control friendly racket is now available for order at the following TennisWarehouse.com link. Be sure to also checkout the new Babolat strings, as well as the bag collection for 2013. For our European readers, you can shop with confidence for Nadal’s new weapon of choice at the following TennisWarehouse-Europe.com link.
Here’s to Rafa returning to the courts in 2013, and to his brand new AeroPro Drive.
(Free shipping is also included for customers in the United States).
April 2, 2012
World No. 2 Rafa Nadal continues to rack up the well deserved endorsement money in his latest ad for the Kia Sportage.
I wonder if this is Nadal’s day-to-day car when he’s back in Mallorca?
April 2, 2012
Rafael Nadal and his uncle Toni demo the latest Play & Connect racquet from Babolat.
This technology is sure to change the game. There’s a cool track to compliment the video as well.
February 14, 2012
World No. 2 Rafael Nadal and Israeli supermodel Bar Rafaeli got up close and personal in the latest issue of the 2012 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit magazine.
Nadal and Rafaeli were photographed in Montreal, Canada.
January 31, 2012
Grand Slam Tennis 2 will feature all four Grand Slam championships and is the only game to feature Wimbledon. Players can experience the thrill of serving up aces on Wimbledon’s prestigious Centre Court or hitting cross-court winners on the clay courts of the French Open. In addition, the game features a deep roster of elite past and present players and will be coming worldwide in 2012.
Grand Slam Tennis 2 will include a host of gameplay features including:
· All-New Total Racquet Control: Control every shot with the right analog stick, smashing forehands, backhands, overheads and volleys with precision, accuracy and power. Utilize this innovative control system to take your game to the top!
· Become a Champion: Become a true Grand Slam tournament champion by capturing all four major championships in succession. The prestige of some of the most historic events in tennis come alive like never before, including the Australian Open, French Open, U.S. Open and exclusive to EA SPORTS Grand Slam® Tennis franchise — Wimbledon.
· PlayStation Move Support: The motion control experience gets you on your feet and puts a racquet right in the palm of your hands. From casual players to tennis masters, you truly have the chance to swing your way to victory.
· Legends of Now and Then: Play with or against more than 20 of the greatest players to ever grace the courts, including Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic, Bjorn Borg, Maria Sharapova, Serena and Venus Williams and exclusive to EA SPORTS Grand Slam Tennis franchise, seventeen-time winner of a Grand Slam tournament John McEnroe.
· Professional, Realistic, Organic (P.R.O.). AI: The playing styles and behaviors of the sport’s greatest stars are captured right down to their signature swings and emotional reactions. Realistic tactics and strategies are your keys to success against each legend whether playing on hard court, clay or grass. The organic artificial intelligence adapts to your game so there’s never a dull moment!
· ESPN Grand Slam Tournament Classics: Relive some of the most memorable moments in tennis. From Borg versus McEnroe to Nadal versus Federer, play your way through history unlocking up to 25 amazing moments of Grand Slam tournaments.
· Deep Tennis Experience: Play countless hours of tennis in Play Now mode — singles and doubles, through a 10-year career or battle online. A wide variety of online gameplay features, Photo Game Face and more keep your experience fresh and authentic.
December 5, 2011
In between capturing Spain’s fifth Davis Cup title over the weekend, current world No. 2 and 10-time grand slam winner Rafael Nadal put aside some time to play a prank on his good friend and fellow top five player, David Ferrer.
Ferrer, who won a thrilling five set match against Juan Martin del Potro on Friday, was surprised by Nadal (and some shaving creme) while he was taking a nap.
Congrats to Spain and their players. Here’s Rafa showing another side of his intense personality.
August 25, 2011
World No. 2 Rafael Nadal discusses his new book RAFA, along with his upcoming US Open title defense on The Late Show with David Letterman.
August 7, 2011
Just in time for his return to the courts, world No. 2 Rafael Nadal has been highlighted in a new ad campaign for Emporio Armani’s Fall/Winter collection.
The Spaniard, who is seen running through most of the video, discloses what he likes about fashion, and how he’s honored to be associated with the legendary brand.
May 21, 2011
Prior to the start of the French Open on Sunday, Rafael Nadal, Andy Murray and Juan Martin del Potro were hard at working fine-tuning their games for the start of the year’s second Grand Slam.
The training sessions appeared much more serious today than earlier in the week.